Sunday, November 12, 2017

Minute by Minute with Nash - We Coast

 NOTE:
Normally this sort of thing is kept private. Yet, for some reason, I share.  Nash has a center of the party spirit. In part of celebrating his life, perhaps we must share in his latest journey.  
As of this moment, HE IS STILL HERE.

    

     It has turned into a pleasant Sunday afternoon. The temperature has risen from the cold 19 degrees of yesterday. This winter chill  has brought whispers of Death on its frosty back.  It's permanence makes me shudder. I can not help but grip, and bear down hard.
          Nash took a turn yesterday. He decided not to eat - one of his joys. Who knows why. Perhaps an unseen message on frosty crystals under foot.  His body became more limp, breathing slow, slow, slow, and steady.  Still I can not make the call. The wonder of it all, and how it seems others are much better at this.  Something pushes back on that cold - the warmth of life? I am not alone, encouraged to spend one last night by his side, and see what the morning brings.

  

      Minute by Minute. 
I am not in a rush. I will not let Death force hasty decisions.


     We coast to that precious invisible barrier which separates this Earthly plain, and that other realm of energy and light. Words of comfort drift in from family and friends.

       Ma: "You play it by ear, moment to moment, so beautifully"

       Minute by Minute.  
You can not pressure me to decide. Stay strong. Be brave.


        Sy with Thurber:  "We are all headed where Nash is going, and true, it is a good place which we shouldn't fear. But so is this sweet green earth, and our time together is so short compared with eternity. Nash is enjoying his life because you give him everything--as he would do for you. And the moment he stops enjoying life you will step in to help, too." 
      That's it!   Life here is short, eternity is for every, and I will be there to help him.  My sister keeps reminding me of this passage.  We hold fast. Stay the course. All is not suffering. All is life.  These phrases hold us up amid a swirl of doubt.  Life, now minute by minute, sweetly savored. We are not in any hurry.
     The girls see a change, they don't have time for the cold or Death.  They want to run with wild abandon, and joy. How easy is appears for them.  Each take note in their own way.  Tenderness.  Pearl lays near, making glances. Grace, grooms Nash's eyes.  Halo, waltzes over Nash with a treasure in her mouth. Willow Sunshine, She gently sniffs Nash's face, wags her tail, and repeatedly comes to my side.  So sweet and soft she is. they ALL are.  No wonder the Old Boy doesn't want to go.


     He sees it now, he must.  Fall - Winter... It is a time for letting go. It is a time for healing, hibernation, and reflection. A favorite season.


     Minute by Minute - We coast to that final hour.
 It remains a mystery. It remains a place of fear, It remains a place of sadness.
 It remains a place for celebration. 
 Be strong. Be brave.


    A bath, A nail trim ... He no longer wants water today.  Help him on.  Minute by Minute: Think things through. Even now the practicality of nature and events looms.  It's Sunday, what will I do with his body?  An image of him stone cold and stiff on The Porch until the hour when his body can be transported to crematory. It is more desirable to have my old boy inside, warm, and in his dying body than frozen stiff on the porch. Sunday, the vet is off duty. He is not suffering. He is not in pain. He appears at peace for now. Do not make haste, Do not rush.  Breathe.


     For now I am right where I want to be, right where I am meant to be, by Nash's side providing whatever support I can fathom. I Watch old video taken when he was young.  
So handsome, strapping, and strong. A truly silly, gifted boy.  My treasure.
    Minute by Minute.
There is more to come. 
 




Death.
We are not afraid of you. We feel you coming. 
All I ask is to be kind. Release him in peace. Be gentle. 
Take him quietly - Easy.  

I love my boy.

***
Tomorrow morning, November 13th, 2017,  before sunrise
Rise early to watch
Venus and Jupiter will pass each other.  
Venus is about love and beauty
Jupiter is about expansion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment