Saturday, November 4, 2017

Message In a Bottle - Seven Days in Maine 2017

    
 


    Frequently I hear just let him know he can go, you have to let him go, and tell him it will be OK.  You will be fine without him, and he will still be with you, even in the space beyond.  Nash's last trip to Maine in August of this year, had it's joys and challenges.  Before departing I wrote a letter, put it in a bottle, and tossed it to sea.  It was more a ceremonial gesture than anything. Who found it, or if anyone did wasn't the purpose.  It was a concrete gesture. I was letting my old friend go, and giving him permission.  Below is the message I wrote, and tossed out to sea in the Narrows.  Of course, the first attempt it came right back in, go figure.  So, before departing on our last day I tried again. This time on a different tide.







I love you Nash
Caccha’s Willow Amazing Nyne
                                                                 (Kasha’s)

                With tear filled eyes I release you.  Our journey together has reached its end. It is here we must part ways, on the shores of the cottage in South Addison, Maine.  We were given this final week together – collar free!  We watched crashing waves among the company of your girls – sunrise, sunset, fog, and rain.  Let the south westerly wind gently carry you from me.  May you go peacefully with my heart – aching.
A choice may need to be made, one which has me torn between my head and my heart.  My head says I should help you along. My heart says let you decide, and go on your own. May we hope it is the way of the heart.
17 AMAZING years!  You have lived well beyond your dog years, and given us many more.  REJOICE – CELEBRATE! Look at all that extra time we had together.  Your legacy will live on in your offspring you helped create in that time.
                We will miss you dearly when that final day comes.  Pearl your sweetheart, Willow Sunshine your daughter, and your granddaughters Grace and Halo
May you go with peace
You are the light and the light is everything
Run free with Willow my friend, for you are her greatest gift to me.  Mary Gunn  MG+W9
8/19/2017
Tossed at high tide into crashing wasves




 
The old boy is still among us, as of this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment