Saturday, October 6, 2012

Peak Foliage

      Peak Foliage is upon us and today's temperature in the seventies and blustery wind makes for a glorious fall day.  This morning Nash, Willow Sunshine and I went for a walk to Juggernaut pond joined by Nancy with Oakley and Shasta, her Aussie's.  pearl stayed home with Tucker a visiting dog.  I might hike Mt Skatutakee with the girls later today, I can imagine the sunset will be wonderful if the rain doesn't come.  I have barowed another camera from a friend, so hopefully pictures later this weekend.  All three dogs are frantic to irradicate all chipmunk in the area and spend their outdoor time pulling apart my wood pile.  Pearl is most amazing to watch as she is ravonous to catch the little critters.  Her beauty is intoxicating.  I have noticed Willow Sunshine has honed her hunting skills and can mark the chipmunks located with stellar accuracy.  At ten months - oh my are they almost a year now? - she is looking more adult and has developed the sweetest personality, I have never had such a kissy puppy/dog before.  Clouds don't don't keep this Sunshine away as she always has a twinkle in her eye.  Nash seems to get more handsome with age, he has slowed down quite a bit, but I would too at twelve and half.  His joys are simple... make territory, love the girls, food, snuggles and rubs, be with me, roll in the grass and lay in the sun, hunt for rodents, swim and walk in the woods.

  (note:  I couldn't get the cursor to move, so the "make territory" ought to read "mark territory, I suppose the two go hand in hand anyway.)  Go out - walk with your dog on this wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment