Thursday, August 11, 2016

Hot, Humid, Sticky Summer Day

I have a two or one rule, most times that is.  I take either two dogs or one when i go out.  This means many trips to the lake, or trails.  I admit, there are times, when I say to heck with it and take all four girls and run a private trail.  Prime motivation for two or one rule, is chaos control, and avoid bad habits - not coming when called, jumping  people -  I also only have two hands.  


ANY WAY ...

To day was one of those days.  Too hot to move.  Air conditioner on all day for humidity control, and cool comfort.  Our first outing began with Nash and Willow Sunshine to Norway Pond.  I like Norway Pond.  Today it was clear and clean, except for little slimy beads of cyanobacteria.  not much, and I didn't know what it was until after my second trip with Halo.


after errands with Pearl, it was home to pick up Halo and a walk around Norway pond,  no gunk on the back side.  Then  back home and a late night swim at Nuby, around 8 PM with Willow Sunshine and Grace.   

Somewhere in the day we had lunch, cat nap and watched part of a DVD.  What else to do on this kind of day  than go to the water, and hang out in the AC. 

 

 A health note.  Nash appears to have developed a swollen cheek.  A call to the vet, waiting to hear back.  I believe its a sore tooth.  Poor boy.  By the way,  Nash had the most enjoyable swim in Norway. the water was warm, and calm.  I think I will take him there more often, once the bacteria is gone.

 

Tomorrow is expected to be another hot one,  I think we will try Willow Pond.  

No comments:

Post a Comment