Friday, November 16, 2012

Chipmunk - Willow Sunshine First Catch



Willow Sunshine caught her first rodent this morning – It was chipmunk, one of the most challenging to catch.  She has fantastic coach in her mother (Pearl, who learned from the best – Nash, He in turn learned form the expert, his mother, Willow).
              I opened the porch door to let Willow Sunshine and Zoe out to put them in the cr.  Willow Sunshine took off in another direction.  After loading Zoe in the car, I turned to see Willow Sunshine coming towards me with something in her mouth.  It jumped out and tried to scurry away. That is when I realized what it was.  In pursuit, Sunshine chased it under pile of leaves.  I came over to watch the spectacle, eventually the chipmunk escaped to safety.
              Willow Sunshine’s first catch – November 16th, 2012!  It wasn't a  feathered fowl, but a rodent she was retrieving; at least she knew enough to bring it to me, after she caught it, and we haven't been training.

No comments:

Post a Comment